my fave flower

my fave flower

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vaccinations

Well here I am again blogging, It has been so long since my last blog that I don't know where to start.
What I will do is start with the debate arising again about immunisation . To immunise or not to immunise that is the question. Personally I think it is a crime not to vaccinate your children. Those against it say it is their choice. What about the choice of the little babies too young to be immunised who catch diseases from your non vaccinated child in  a shopping centre? Every parent opting for the no vaccination road should be taken to a hospital to see a tiny baby with whooping cough trying to catch its breath, or perhaps the child dying from encephalitis, a long painful complication of a simple disease, measles.
There you have it, my rant for the day, and to all the parents anti vaccination remember that your child has more chance of dying from the diseases you are not immunising against than getting a side effect from the vaccine.

2 comments:

  1. As someone who has studied a lot of Public Health I agree, but the my first born Mollie suffered badly from her first shots at 4 weeks in UK and when unwell from it caught a stomach virus that saw her hospitalized with inter exception... Have the shots but watch your kids closely and keep them hydrated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Beth. I am glad you replied. I wanted this blog to challenge people and to open topics for discussion. I agree you need to watch your child carefully after vaccination. I am glad your little girl was ok xx

    ReplyDelete